Flapps has opened up a dialogue with a client who is an international personnel service provider offering flexible personnel solutions in the business lines of temporary staffing, permanent placement and other HR services. The client is present in 16 countries with its employee base of 50,000+ employees working at hundreds of client locations.
History: Their attendance tracking for remote employees was mainly done on paper or in MS Excel. This brought several challenges that the client had to face:
- Extremely long time-to-bill client
- Inability to monitor in real-time if employees are present
- Cheating and absence fraud by employees
- Huge administrative effort to process paper attendance
- Late payroll
- Unhappy end customers
The goal was to introduce a high-tech but low-cost solution that would eliminate these issues and save administrative costs, provide real-time attendance views, eliminate mistakes, and that would reduce costs and eliminate potential fraud on the side of both end customers and leased employees working for their clients.
In short: there was an S.O.S. call for something affordable, mobile, and real-time.
Flapps time and attendance needed an Android device that could be mounted on the wall, that would have a front NFC antenna and could communicate with the server through Internet, to enable real-time attendance taking and notifications. The FAMOCO platform was a perfect fit.
In a few words, the whole process remains simple :
- Flapps Attendance is run on FAMOCO FX100+ devices
- FAMOCO devices are installed at customers’ factories
- Employees use NFC cards to clock in and clock out
- Flapps software provides instant “late or missing” notifications
- End of month reports are immediately available for payroll
- API integration with the billing software for faster invoicing
About the Partner
FAMOCO is the leader of professional Android devices. Established in 2010, FAMOCO targets the transportation, cashless payment, logistics and access control markets to equip mobile agents. With their range of secure and remotely managed devices, FAMOCO has developed the first Android business-ready solution that can be adapted to all needs and markets. Today FAMOCO is expanding worldwide and has deployed more than 150,000 devices in over 30 countries in just 3 years. Among its customers, it counts prestigious companies such as PayPal, Alipay, Gemalto, Orange, Atalian, Keolis and Airtel. FAMOCO has 4 offices worldwide: Paris, Brussels, New Delhi and Singapore.
Implementation brought immediate results – exactly what the client was promised:
- Incredible efficiency with the live attendance data
- Immense cut of the time-to-bill
- Cost-saving and increased credibility of clients’ services
- Flexibility to modify Flapps modules to meet evolving client needs
For the first phase, Flapps solution was implemented in 4 EU countries. Following the great success and satisfaction, Flapps was rolled out in a further 4 countries (DACHLI region) with the ultimate plan to cover all 16 countries the client operates in.